Halton Regional Police have charged a Hamilton man with more than 40 offences in relation to a series of garage and shed break-ins in Oakville and Burlington.
The 3 District Criminal Investigations Bureau (CIB), with the assistance of 2 District CIB, concluded a week-long investigation and discovered since May 23, 2021 reports of 37 incidents where vehicles, garages and outdoor sheds were entered.
Police discovered in many incidents the accused used the garage door opener stolen from the vehicle in the victim’s driveway to help him get into the garage.
Several items were stolen through the break-ins, including high-end bicycles and tools. The accused also used a stolen vehicle to pull off these crimes.
Dylan Brown, 28, was arrested on June 2 at a Hamilton residence. He has been charged with the following offences:
- 11 counts of Break and Enter
- four counts of Theft Under $5000
- 13 counts of Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000
- Three counts of Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000
- Six counts of Trespass at Night
- Fraud under $5000
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Trafficking Stolen Property
As a result of the investigation, Halton Police executed a search and approximately $70,000 worth of stolen property was recovered.
Brown has been held in custody pending a bail hearing.
Police are continuing the investigation in efforts to identify other possible suspects in regards to these incidents.
Anyone with information…